Attending Board Members: Dr. Michelle Biaggi, Dr. Michael Morgan, Dr. Robert Grazian, Dr. Dave Sherman, Dr. Drew Fasciani, Dr. David Wong, Dr. Nikolet Boermans, Dr. Lucia Millet, Dr. Stephanie Le, Dr. Bob Meisel, Dr. Jenn Chinn, Dr. Marcelline Ciuffreda, Dr. Simona Grosu, Dr. Anita Koo
Call to Order: 6:43pm
Secretary: Dr. Alexandra Scovill (Dr. Biaggi for Dr. Scovill)
Reviewed August 2019 Minutes. Motion by Drs. Meisel/Sherman to approve minutes as written. Motion passes.
Treasurer: Dr. Wendy Gross (Dr. Grazian for Dr. Gross)
Reviewed August 2019 financial statement and 2019 Year to Date P&L
President-Elect: Dr. Michelle Biaggi
Reminder and Update: October 10, 2019 Vendor Appreciation Dinner
Immediate Past President: Dr. Michael Morgan No Report
President: Dr. Robert Grazian
- SDCOS 2-HR CE, Handlery Hotel, Thursday, September 12 , Dr. Srini Iyengar and Dr. Jeremiah Tao, Topic: Oculoplastics
- Vendor Appreciation Dinner, Braille Institute, October 10, 2019, all attend.
- Annual Holiday Party, Dec. 7, 2019, SAVE THE DATE. VSP Global is co-event sponsor with SDCOS.
- LOVC volunteer doctors needed to perform eye exams M-F, 9-12:30pm at LOVC Clinic. Seeking donation for autorefractor.
- November 7, 2019 Board meeting location selected, Country Club of Rancho Bernardo.
- President’s Council, October 19, 2019, SCCO at MBKU, Fullerton.
- COA Legislative Day, April 22, 2020, Sacramento.
- 2020 House of Delegates, February 21-22, 2020, Los Angeles, Renaissance Airport Hotel.
- COA accepting nominations for 2019 COA Awards, deadline to submit is October 10, 2019.
- Motion by Drs. Meisel/Biaggi to donate a $200 check to the Western Regional Conference pending available funds in the “membership” budget.
Vendor Liaison: Dr. Dave Sherman
Governmental Affairs: Dr. Dick Skay (absent)
Professional Affairs: Dr. Amanda Dexter (Dr. Grazian for Dr. Dexter)
- Ortho-K/CRT educational event requested by Richard Ruth, Director/Paragon ortho-K program to SDCOS members on fitting Paragon Vision CRT lenses, no cost to SDCOS. Heth to offer a 2 hour requests minimum of 25 OD’s to attend, midweek evening.
- Attendance of August 11th 5-HR CE: 97 total members and guests that included 28 Sponsors.
HCDS: Dr. Drew Fasciani
LOVC Liaison: Dr. David Wong
Discussed potential for LOVC volunteers to provide free eye exams at their office vs. LOVC clinic
Communications: Dr. Nickolet Boermans & Dr. Lucia Millet
September newsletter: deadline for entries is 15th of the prior month.
Webmaster: Dr. Stephanie Le
OD Relations: Dr. John Fitzpatrick (absent)
Peer Review: Dr. Paul Lavin (absent)
Public Awareness: Dr. Bob Meisel
- Monarch screening
September 30, 2019 with 2 VA residents, Dr. Skay, 2 UCSD pre-optometry students assisting Dr. Meisel.
- Monarch exams
October 15-16, 2019, 8 am- 3 pm, Need assistance both days….1/2 days or full day to assist Dr. Meisel.
- Tzu Chi health clinic
October 20, 2019, 9 am – 2 pm, at Mountain Empire High School. 4) LionsInSight website for volunteering www.lionsinsight.net
Membership: Dr. David Ardakani (Dr. Jenn Chinn for Dr. Ardakani)
Reviewed August 17, 2019 MD-OD Social Gathering
Richard Rex Liaison: Dr. Michael Morgan
Dr. Jenn Chinn – Co-Membership
Dr. Marcelline Ciuffreda – Holiday Party Committee
Dr. Simona Grosu – Co-Public Awareness, Holiday Party Committee
Dr. Anita Koo – School Liaison
Dr. Kathryn Ordonez – Sunshine Committee (absent)
Honorary Board Member: Dr. Byron Newman (absent)
Guests: Nancy-Jo Sinkiewicz, Administrative Director (absent)
Meeting Ended: 8:02pm
Next Board Meeting: October 10, 2019, and Vendor Appreciation Dinner at Braille Institute, La Jolla