SDCOS Board Meeting Minutes
October 10, 2019 @ Braille Institute
Board members: Drs. Scovill, Grazian, Biaggi, Gross, Ardakani, Skay, Meisel, Grosu, Ordonez, Wong, Sherman, Boermans, Millet, Newman, Fasciani, Ciuffreda, Lavin, Chinn, Le
Meeting began: 7:43pm
Secretary: Dr. Alexandra Scovill
Reviewed September 2019 Minutes; motion to accept September meeting minutes by Dr. Meisel, motion passed.
Treasurer: Dr. Wendy Gross
Reviewed September 2019 financial statement, 2019 Year to Date P&L, and 2020 Budget
President-Elect: Dr. Michelle Biaggi
Immediate Past President: Dr. Michael Morgan (not present)
President: Dr. Robert Grazian
- Discussed SDCOS 2-HR CE, Handlery Hotel, Thursday, October 17th, Dr. Dashaini Retnasothie.
- Discussed Annual Holiday Party, Dec. 7th, Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa, $40 per person, includes banquet dinner, two drink tickets, and free hotel room raffle.
- Reminder, LOVC volunteer doctors needed to perform eye exams M-F, 9-12:30pm at LOVC Clinic
- Discussed President’s Council, October 19, 2019, SCCO at MBKU, Fullerton.
- Discussed House of Delegates, Feb. 21-22, 2020, Los Angeles, Renaissance Airport Hotel, Sign-up sheet.
- Discussed COA Legislative Day, April 22, 2020, Sacramento.
- Reviewed board nominations and new business.
Vendor Liaison: Dr. Dave Sherman
- Discussed 2020 Sponsor applications
- Reviewed Ortho-K/CRT educational event request, Paragon
Governmental Affairs: Dr. Dick Skay
Professional Affairs: Dr. Amanda Dexter (not present)
- Attendance of Sept. 12th 2-HR CE total members and guests: 80, and total number included 15 sponsors.
HCDS: Dr. Andrew Fasciani
LOVC Liaison: Dr. David Wong
Communications: Dr. Nickolet Boermans & Dr. Lucia Millet
September newsletter: deadline for entries is 15th of the prior month.
Webmaster: Dr. Stephanie Le
Discussed need for email marketing service provider. Motion to spend $50/month toward a new marketing platform by Drs. Le and Meisel, motion passed.
OD Relations: Dr. John Fitzpatrick (not present)
Peer Review: Dr. Paul Lavin
Public Awareness: Dr. Bob Meisel
Discussed upcoming events:
- Monarch exams: October 15-16, 2019, 8 am-3 pm, Dr. Recker volunteered for the 15th, and Drs. Chin and Grazian volunteered for the 16th
- Tzu Chi health clinic: October 20, 2019, 9 am-2 pm, at Mountain Empire High School.
Membership: Dr. David Ardakani
Richard Rex Liaison: Dr. Michael Morgan (not present)
Dr. Jenn Chinn Co-Membership
Dr. Marcelline Ciuffreda Holiday Party Committee
Dr. Simona Grosu Co-Public Awareness, Holiday Party Committee
Dr. Anita Koo School Liaison
Dr. Kathryn Ordonez Sunshine Committee
Honorary Board Member: Dr. Byron Newman
Guests: Nancy-Jo Sinkiewicz, Administrative Director
Meeting adjourned: 8:18pm
Next Board Meeting: November 7, 2019 at The Country Club of Rancho Bernardo.