June 15, 2019 @ Dr. Eric White’s
Board Members: Drs. Scovill, Grazian, Dexter, Gross, Millet, Ciuffreda, Fasciani, Chinn, Morgan, Boermans, Skay, Meisel, Grosu, Le, Newman
Meeting began at 5:15
Secretary: Dr. Alexandra Scovill
Reviewed May 2019 Minutes; motion by Drs. Meisel and Morgan to accept May minutes, motion passes.
Treasurer: Dr. Wendy Gross
Reviewed May financial statement and 2019 YTD P&L
President-Elect: Dr. Michelle Biaggi (absent)
Immediate Past President: Dr. Michael Morgan
President: Dr. Robert Grazian
- Reminder: SDCOS 5-HR CE, Handlery Hotel, Sunday August 11, 2019
- Discussed Holiday Party to be held at Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa, December 7, 2019.
- Discussed AOA Meeting in St. Louis, MO, June 19-23rd, AOA Delegate forms available.
- LOVC needs volunteer OD’s to perform eye examinations M-F, 9-12:30pm
Vendor Liaison: Dr. Dave Sherman (absent)
Discussed Nusight Medical as a possible new sustaining sponsor.
Governmental Affairs: Dr. Dick Skay
- Discussed California legislation update: 1467 passed the assembly
- Update: Adult eye glasses will now be covered by MediCal beginning January 1, 2020
- Discussed possibility of Imperial County Optometric Society joining SDCOS
Professional Affairs: Dr. Amanda Dexter
HCDS: Dr. Drew Fasciani
LOVC Liaison: Dr. David Wong (absent)
Recapped LOVC Open House of June 2nd
Communications: Dr. Nickolet Boermans and Dr. Lucia Millet
June 2019 newsletter: deadline for entries is 15th of the prior month (none in July)
Webmaster: Dr. Stephanie Le
OD Relations: Dr. John Fitzpatrick (absent)
Peer Review: Dr. Paul Lavin (absent)
Public Awareness: Dr. Bob Meisel & Simona Grosu
Discussed the following upcoming volunteer opportunities:
1)Stand Down San Diego
San Diego High School, Eyecare/exams for veterans, mostly homeless
June 28-29, 2019 8am-5pm, June 30th 8am-noon.
Half day or full day volunteering opportunity
2)Monarch School screening, Tentative date September 30, 2019.
3)Monarch School exams, October…no firm dates yet.
4) SDCOS Golf Outing, Sunday, August 4, 2019, Singing Hills at Sycuan
Need two volunteers to assist with registration/auction tickets.
5) Sakya Mobile Clinic Health Fair at Buddhist temple, June 20-21, 2019
Membership: Dr. Jenn Chinn for Dr. David Ardakani (absent)
Update on board-implemented Opinion Survey to non-Members.
Richard Rex Liaison: Dr. Michael Morgan
Dr. Jenn Chinn Co-Membership
Dr. Marcelline Ciuffreda CVF Liaison
Dr. Simona Grosu Co-Public Awareness
Dr. Anita Koo School Liaison (absent)
Dr. Kathryn Ordonez Sunshine Committee (absent)
Honorary Board Member: Dr. Byron Newman
Nancy-Jo Sinkiewicz, Administrative Director
Meeting adjourned: 5:57pm
Next Board Meeting: August 8, 2019 at HEA, Healthy Eyes Advantage