Board Members: Drs. Simona Grosu, Beverly Bianes, Katherine Witmeyer, Courtney Cape, Lucia Millet, Alyssa Pack, Andrew Fasciani, David Ardakani, Amanda K Dexter, Melanie Langford
Ilya Volk, Justin T. Nguyen, David N. Sherman, Robert Meisel, Tatyana Budarina, Erin Swift, Sloan Rajadhyksha
Call to order: 6:35 pm
Secretary: Dr. Courtney Cape
- Reviewed November 2021 minutes. Motion by Dr. Cape to accept November 2022 minutes as written, seconded by Dr. Sherman motion passed.
Treasurer: Dr. Katherine Witmeyer
- Motion made by Dr. Witmeyer to accept 2021 year P&L as written, Dr. Sherman seconded motion, motion passed.
- Discussed financial differences between 2021 vs 2020.
President-Elect: Dr. Beverly Bianes
- Discussed possible new venue for in-person CE and to possibly continue at the Handlery and provide accommodations for speakers elsewhere.
- Discussed new sponsor applications received.
Immediate Past President: Dr. Alexandra Scovill – absent
President: Dr. Simona Grosu
- HOD Feb. 10th @6pm, and 12th @10am – changed to virtual
- Discussed whether going back in person in April CE
- Difficult to fully say given unpredictability of COVID
- July 5hr CE: changed date from 10th to the 24th
Vendor Liaison: Dr. Andrew Fasciani
- Discussed vendor payment updates.
- Motion made to accept 5 sponsor applications received by Dr. Andrew Fasciani, motion seconded by Dr. Witmeyer, motion passed.
- Platinum: Essilor – NVISION
- Sustaining: Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute – Scanquest – Wells Fargo
Professional Affairs: Dr. Amanda Dexter and Dr. Melanie Langford
- January CE – Dr. Susan Daniel
- Discussed revising Bylaws Amendments at the annual member meeting in November.
- Discussed reimbursement options for speakers and decided on a per diem basis.
- April CE – Dr. Barnett on presbyopia treatment
- December CE – Dr. Nik London
- Send email for suggestions
Membership: Dr. David Ardakani
- Discussed currently have 248 members as of 2022.
OD Relations: Dr. David Sherman
- Discussed advertising this membership benefit and can do separate email instead of newsletter.
Governmental Affairs: Dr. Richard Skay – absent
- No Report
COA Health Care Delivery Systems (HCDS): Dr. Justin Nguyen
- No Report
Public Awareness: Dr. Bob Meisel
- Monarch School screening – Monday 7 February 8:30 – 11:00, need 1 OD for morning
- Monarch exams : VSP Mobile Tuesday 15 March 8:30 – 2:00
Wednesday 16 March 8:30-12
Need 1 OD each day
LOVC: Andreea Nastasoiu – absent (Dr. Erin Swift speaking for Dr. Nastasoiu)
- Need Volunteer hours and monetary support
- Donation post on social media advertising LOVC.
Communications: Dr. Lucia Millet
- Monthly 2022 newsletter : deadline for entries is the 15th of the prior month
Webmaster: Dr. Ilya Volk
- No report
Peer Review: Dr. Patty Cheng – not present
- No Report
Dr. Jenn Chinn – Co-Membership chair/New Member Liaison – absent
Dr. Alyssa Pack – Co-Communications Liaison
Dr. Kathryn Ordonez – Sunshine Coordinator – absent
Dr. Sloan Rajadhyksha – Richard Rex Fund Liaison
Dr. Erin Swift – School Liaison
Dr. Tatyana Budarina – Social media/Signs liaison
Honorary Trustee: Dr. Byron Newman – absent
Administrative Director: Nancy-Jo Sinkiewicz
Meeting adjourned: 7:49 pm
Next Board Meeting: March 10th, 2022; Location: Virtual meeting using Zoom