SDCOS Board Meeting Agenda
March 7, 2019 @ Vision West
Board members: Drs. Scovill, Grazian, Biaggi, Morgan, Sherman, Skay, Fasciani, Wong, Millet, Le, Meisel, Ardakani, Chin, Ordonez, Cuiffreda
Meeting began: 6:39 pm
Secretary: Dr. Alexandra Scovill
Reviewed February Minutes: motion to accept minutes by Drs. Skay and Meisel, motion passed.
Treasurer: Dr. Wendy Gross (absent)
Reviewed February P&L
President-Elect: Dr. Michelle Biaggi
Reviewed tentative 2020 calendar.
Immediate Past President: Dr. Michael Morgan
President: Dr. Robert Grazian
- Discussed new OD BBQ, and Board Meeting for June 15, 2019, Saturday afternoon at Dr. Eric White’s house. VSP will be the event sponsor.
- Discussed idea of updating SDCOS membership roster, will consider and discuss further at the next meeting.
- Discussed Holiday Party considerations, need location for Dec. 7th.
- SDCOS 5-HR CE, Handlery Hotel, Sunday, March 24, 2019
- Reviewed COA HOD
- Motion to present award for best SDCOS website to Dr. Susan Cervantes by Drs. Skay and Meisel at March CE, motion passed.
- AOA Meeting in St. Louis, MO, AOA Delegate forms available.
- Reminder: Legislative Day, Sacramento, Wednesday April 10, 2019.
- Discussed need for LOVC volunteer doctors.
Vendor Liaison: Dr. Dave Sherman
Governmental Affairs: Dr. Dick Skay
- Discussed AB 458 In-home optometric care
- Discussed AB 1467 Optometric Scope Bill
- Discussed Legislative Day April 10th
- Discussed need of public awareness campaign for 2020. Committee was created: Public Awareness 2020. Dr. Morgan to tentatively chair committee.
Professional Affairs: Dr. Robert Grazian for Dr. Amanda Dexter (absent)
- Overview of 2019 HOD.February CE attendance total: 102
- 80 SDCOS members
- 2 COA members
- 2 Non-members
- 16 Sponsors
- 2 Guests
HCDS: Dr. Drew Fasciani
LOVC Liaison: Dr. David Wong
Discussed ideas for increasing doctor awareness and participation in volunteering at the LOVC.
Communications: Dr. Nickolet Boermans (absent) and Dr. Lucia Millet
Deadline for entries is 15th of the prior month.
Webmaster: Dr. Stephanie Le
Discussed publishing photos on website, and disclaimer.
OD Relations: Dr. John Fitzpatrick (absent)
List is used weekly and seems to be appreciated.
Peer Review: Dr. Paul Lavin (absent)
Public Awareness: Dr. Bob Meisel
1) Reviewed Monarch screening done February 25, 2019
2) Discussed upcoming Monarch Exams – Monday and Tuesday March 11-12 (Covered with Dr Kalra 8am-12 and Dr Chinn 12-3pm on Monday, Covered with Dr Hom 8-12 on Tuesday, 12-3 now covered. Dr Meisel there everyday.)
3) Discussed UCSD Health Fair in National City (information only booth/pamphlets to pass out to the public and answering vision and eye health questions at our society table…) Location: Montgomery-Waller Park, San Diego, CA 92154 (corner of Beyer Blvd. & Palm)Date: Saturday, April 13, 2019 Time: 10 a.m. -3 p.m. (set-up will be at 8 a.m.)
4) Discussed Veterans Stand Down, June 28th – 30th at San Diego High School
5) Discussed Golf Tournament Sunday – August 4, 2019 at Pine Glen, tentative date.
6) Motion to make Dr. Grosu a trustee for Public Awareness by Drs. Skay and Meisel, motion passes.
Membership: Dr. David Ardakani
Discussed Young OD Mixer-April 6, 2019, 6pm-8pm at Park & Rec (4612 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92116)
Richard Rex Liaison: Dr. Michael Morgan
Dr. Jenn Chinn Co-membership
Dr. Kathryn Ordonez Sunshine Committee
Dr. Marcelline Ciuffreda CVF Liaison
Dr. Anita Koo School Liaison (absent)
Honorary Board Member: Dr. Byron Newman
Nancy-Jo Sinkiewicz, Adminstrative Director
Simona Grosu, O.D.
Board meeting adjourned: 8:14pm
Next Board Meeting: May 9, 2019, Braille Institute